What's an Offshore Savings Account?

Offshore as a financial concept simply means placing money, wealth or assets in a country other than the one in which you live.

Typically it is the wealthy that place money offshore to take advantage of the favourable taxation regimes available in so called tax havens – but even for the likes of you and me there are advantages to the offshore savings world that we can all benefit from.

Offshore savings accounts allow people to either save a regular monthly amount or a lump sum, earn higher rates of interest from some offshore providers than we could if we saved ‘onshore’ with the local bank – and what’s more, we can earn our interest gross and only pay tax on it once annually which allows for extra compound growth in the interim which can give our savings a little extra boost.
  1. Tax Free
    Most of us still have to pay tax on any income or gain that we derive even from investments or savings that are placed offshore. We are under an obligation to tell our local tax authority about any offshore savings accounts we have when we make our annual declaration to the IRS or HM Revenue and Customs. But because taxation is not deducted at source on the majority of offshore savings accounts we have up to a whole twelve months of compound interest giving our savings even greater growth power which makes saving offshore advantageous even when we ultimately do have to pay tax on the gains we derive from our savings.

  2. High Interest
    The offshore savings accounts that offer the highest rates of interest are available to those in a position to regularly save large amounts monthly. Basically the more you can afford to save the higher the rate of interest you will be given, the higher the rate of interest the greater the compound growth you can earn and the harder your money will work for you.
A number of leading international banking providers offer offshore savings accounts that are easily accessible and secure. The award in 2009 for best offshore bank for expats was won by Anglo Irish Bank. You can open an account with them easily online and then have full access to your account and growth statistics online.

Gone are the days when saving and investing offshore was complicated, clandestine and the realm of the super rich or the super criminal – and we herald the arrival of an accessible concept of offshore from which we are all welcome to benefit.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'M NOW FULFILL FINANCIALLY BECAUSE OF THE LOAN I GOT FROM LFDS .I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how i came in contact with Mr Benjamin after i lost my job and being denied loan by my bank and other financial institution due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then i set out to seek for funds online where i lost $3,670 that i borrowed from friends which i was rip off by two online loan companies. Until i read about:loan online (247officedept@gmail.com) somewhere on the internet, Still wasn't convince because of what i have been through until a relative of mine who is a clergy also told me about the ongoing loan scheme  at a very low interest rate of 1.9%% and lovely repayment terms without penalty for default of payment. I have no choice than to also contact them which i did through text +1-989-394-3740 and Mr Benjamin responded back to me That day was the I'M best and greatest day of my life which can never be forgotten when i receive a credit alert of $400,000.00 Usd loan amount i applied for. I utilized the loan effectively to pay up my debts and to start up a business and today i and my kids are so happy and fulfill. You can as well contact them through email: (247officedept@gmail.com)  WhatsApptext  helpline: +1-989-394-3740 Why am i doing this? I am doing this to save as many that are in need of a loan not to be victim of scams on the internet. Thanks and God bless you all, I'm Oleksander Artem from Horizon Park BC , Ukrain.

Post a Comment

Real time savings and investment news

Savings News on the Web